PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My SIA Interview Experience (v long)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 19:03
sgcloudchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billkill
From what I know...

to add to Knightwhosays_NI...

Looks do play a part in the sense that you must look presentable.(It's not a modelling show) How you present yourself is important, how confident you are and such. As I said, it's not an oral exam, it's a conversation that you have to keep with the interviewers or panel. If you go there shabbily, not neatly shaven, higlighted or long hair, looking like a cool dude, all these will definitely not pass you through.

It's not only about upgrading academically. You can take a PPL, or even advance to do a CPL/IR, etc... It can also be in terms of your job(working overseas, expanding your own horizons)...or even languages you speak or such.

Another comment is don't keep sending your apps so frequently. It can annoy them. They get hundreds of apps and if those that did not get in keep sending in apps with the same thing on them, they will ultimately blacklist you.

I have a degree in Computer Engineering and have been working for almost 2 years... after reading all the posts here and elsewhere, I am again fired up to go for my passion and dream of flying for SIA. I applied in Feb 2004 before my graduation and was disappointedly rejected after the 1st round. That time I was quite disillusioned. As I do not have perfect eyesight, I kind of cool down on the intention... now after some working experience, I find myself going in the wrong path in my career. I wish to be a career pilot with SIA again... Through these years, I came to know that at my 1st attempt I am not 26 yrs old yet, and also my eyesight is not as bad as 500 degree of correction. I am preparing my application as well as brushing up my aviation knowledge and hope to send in soon.

I am just worried on the technical questions especially one engines and implicit details on certain parts of aircraft. During my 1st attempt in 2004, I felt that the interviewers did not really like my way of explaining how a plane fly. Do I really need to know exact all these?

In fact the most difficult IMO, is why you want to be a pilot? Difficult to answer so not to be seen as lame or arrogant or politically correct.

In the meantime... all the best to all pilot wannabe and flying diehard...