PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 17:57
Twinact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W5,
No offence taken, you express yourself clearly and honestly.
Regarding my selective use of the HoL evidence, I was attempting to reply to your earlier claims made in post# 1994
There were no manuals for the MkII at the time. We got the GS screwdrivers and opened every panel we could to locate major components and see where items such as magnetic plugs and temperature bulbs were located. We had the task of understanding where the indications in the cockpit originated. I wholly understand how you can find this hard to believe; it is just outrageous. However it is what happened.
which contrasts with your later statement
The original manual was at best weak, worst misleading and thin on information throughout.
To which I simply replied:
I'm sorry but this urban myth is simply untrue. ..... however, to claim that there were no manuals is very far wide of the mark
You then challenged me to
Perhaps you can provide evidence of a freely available, aircrew manual at the time of the crash
I responded by quoting Witness As reference to the manual you originally claimed did not exist and went on to say:
Not sure what I was expected to provide 13 years later
I hope this explains what appears to you to be selective quoting.

I accept that we differ on our recollection of events 13 years ago, however, I felt I could not leave your claims of post #1994 unchallenged.

Last edited by Twinact; 18th Apr 2006 at 18:12.