PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to cut wages up to 50% for aircrew?
Old 18th Apr 2006, 14:02
PammyAnderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I am quite shore that your so called rumour is more what the GA guys are chatting, it doesnt really take Einstein to figure out that this is the Dixon goal. (As has been chatted about here on many many other threads)

Q mainline are heading for a paycut in some sort of way I think most people agree. (By default) Who knows? it may be through rostering? (everyone to just fly the bare min 55 hours and magically having the rest of the flying hours eaten by the tumour of jetstar). It may be by a "cathay B type" pay sytem.
(IE current wages stand however all promotions to CPT, to FO from SO etc etc are now on this wage) or it may just be by aircraft type. (i.e you can do the flying however this is the conditions! ... u dont want it, ok then, we will tender it out.... etc etc). Unfortunately Dixon has his sights set on all of us. And with the new industrial laws, a completely usless AIPA, divided pilot group both internally within the company and even more so within the OZ industry, the future is not bright.

Last edited by PammyAnderson; 19th Apr 2006 at 00:53.