PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding the part number of connector and pin
Old 18th Apr 2006, 11:32
MilEng2CivPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im on the fence with this one, (my first post so please excuse!).
I agree with you Bolty wholeheartedly, im a senior technican within the military aviation bubble, and agree if you do not know which publications to look in then you shouldnt be any where near the hangar!

However I also applaud mosh's open honesty in not knowing and asking for advice however would like to think (and please god!) that there is a system in place for him to find out this information at his place of work.

People often worry about mistakes when carrying out aircraft maintenence and the subsequent penalties they can sometimes involve, the military is trying to introduce what they call a 'just-culture' in aircraft maintenence work - this basically involves - if a mistake is made rather than just hammering the individual concerned other factors are considered Stress, working conditions, fatigue etc etc - however this is a very slow process within the military.

Does such a culture exist within the Civil Air Engineering world ?? Is it effective ??

Having just completed my JAR-66 B2 licence im intrigued to know - it would make my transiton from military in civil aircraft that little less painless.

Mileng2CivPilot.