PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 09:30
TinyBrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tangotango
Echopapa,
Hang in there and believe in it. I went for my 1st 1st interview in May 2005. They didn't pick me at that time for my 2nd. Was so disappointed.
I have resubmitted my application at least 4 times since then, and have NOT gotten a single reply. I shall wait and take this time to brush up my knowledge and I trust that I will be recalled for my 1st interview again. Then I shall not fail.
I was, too, devastated when I was not called for my 2nd. Now I am just raring to get my call-up again! Good luck to you.
IMHO, in the past, this program wasn't as popular as it is now. Not much people know about the cadet pilot scheme.. I must admit, I myself was one of them. But in this age of modern science and technology.. A simple search will get you lots of info on SIA cadet pilot program. Plus the frequent advertising SIA is putting on the Straits Times as well as Malaysia Newspaper (sorry, I dunno what is it call....) More and more people are aware and everyone started to send in their resume + application irregardless of race, language or religion...

One typical example, my NS mates told me ¾ of the males in his graduating uni class had applied. The other ¼ are filling in the forms. Hence, it's no wonder why it will take a longer time + tedious work for HR to really sort out between the "serious" candidates vs the "try-try" applicants. If, in the event, the HR just take academic grades as reference, which isn't the case as of what I seen... I wouldn't dare to fly SQ in future...
To serious pilot wannabes tangotango and echopapa.. Hope you guys get another call-up soon!.. Cheers + Good luck!