PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 07:36
Flying Lion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biminiflyer

Read what I wrote, first series pass. I know both Colin Dobney & Annabel Winter well & they can certainly verify that statistic.

I will also say that your comments re the relationship with Ryanair surprises me. I know for a fact that it is made clear to any prospective student that NOBODY can guarantee an airline job, that said there is a steady stream of ex Stapleford FOs coming into Ryanair. One of the senior training captains from STN put his son through the 0-fATPL course at stapleford and the LTN base captains son is going through the course at the moment. There are many students sent to stapleford by DUB training captains who are involved with the MCC at PARC as they are impressed by the standard of graduates.

There is probably a stronger link with BOND/Astraeus because of the tie up with the B737 course but there are a number of guys there on a 757 course with a job at the end of it (providing they dont screw up on course) and they certainly are there only through the efforts of Mr Dobney.