PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 04:30
priapism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say,being a flight attendant is the best paid unskilled job there possibly could be. And for so few hours . I did it for 20 years before the gravy train went bust and I had to find a real job. It makes me laugh to hear you whining about pay and conditions etc etc . Ask any of the old An crew who used to whinge and whine about similar things . Those gripes seem so petty now. I have a cuz working in SYD for Q.F. He has nothing to do with flight ops , but spent several years at night school to get a masters ( business degree) . He is,I guess, one of these overpaid managers that some flight attendants here pour scorn on. He is on 70 k a year , and works a heap of overtime-unpaid of course because he is on a salary. At a barbie recently with a couple of Long Haulers present the late night conversation came a up about comparative wages , conditions etc and he was astounded at the money they made . Interestingly , from his and other department's perspective, long haul F/A's are the most privileged , pampered and overpaid emloyees in the company so don't expect much sympathy from them when the inevitable happens.

I wish you well in the real world --from the endless diatribe I read from a few regular posters here I suspect many of you will not cope when Qanjet*rules the roost and G.D has left to wreak havoc at the retirement village.