PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief Pilots potential demise rumours....
Old 18th Apr 2006, 00:17
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jakethemuss

I am not fully aware of some of the points you made in your previous post, however; you talk of pilots that have previously been represented by AIPA in order to keep their jobs.

If they pay their AIPA % why should they not be entitled to legal representation in a case made against them by the company. If the process was allowed to make its way through our legal system, with the resultant finding allowing them to keep their jobs then why should they not remain employed? If the legal process found they should indeed be removed from their position, as the company may have sought, then the process has also proved itself.

As to your quote of a just departed DCP:

"Over the years I have seen pilots do more damage to pilots than any employer could ever dream of doing"

Could just as easily relate to those who so quickly find a management seat after heading AIPA, to start undoing the work that they started during their tenure as president.

I do however agree that at other times pilots have been their own worst enemies. We shall see how things go from here with the new IR laws in place and the eventual negotiation of EBA 8.

Twin.