PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet Branding Confused Passengers
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 22:12
Escape_Slide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you with the FBI or something Ozangel?

Oh Ozangel, that is absurd. If I have you that confused, gosh, I am very sorry. Perhaps I am attracted to this sort of sh*t. That aside, I am just more acutely aware of the way the forum followed these organisations and they are the only real new airlines starting up in this era in Oz so gives us all a chance to share our views. Is it so painful to you that you have to play guardian angel for Ozjet? What are you? A shareholder? Maybe an agent for the FBI on assignment?

Ditzyboy I agree you can look at it like that and perhaps Sydney public transport's original logo did that too without words, mind you. As far as I can recall, Ozjet tried to get OZ as the IATA designator but it was not available. This happened before the first aircraft was painted in Bournemouth. The idea was clever enough, just in my view, mis-directed. I was not really trying to suggest there was an L in the logo but probably it was the only thing they could do since the 7 needed to be there (in their view) so out pops this L. We are supposed to not see that once we read the O7 I guess. I am not sure it conveys speed and authority though. Maybe it's because it was painted on an old plane. It's sort of like painting that stuff on a DC3. It's never going to work unless it is on a Concorde!!!!

I have to admit the airplane colour scheme reminds me of a K-Mart tyre service UTE, but then that's PS I guess, not very original when you look at it in relation to the jumbos Euro Av had. But look on a positive note that was what he was all about and a butterfly on the tail would just not be him would it?