PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 20:14
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe,
thank you for your reply. Of course anyone would be astonished to read that kind of news.
I was asking if there were any solid proof, because in my company you can't even claim "plain" food poisoning on board (it counts as an accident on the workplace in this case, not as a common illness) if you don't get tested (don't let me get specific on what you must test to prove it , but you can do it without the help of the company).
I think that it would be wise once and for all try to prove you got poisoned, instead of living on rumors that might, or might not, be legends. Of course the company can't take action on something that has never been proved. All would be different if you indeed had been tested positive to poisoning.

I don't work for BA and therefore has no direct knowledge. But in the 16 years I have been working in airlines, I have never personally witnessed or heard anyone bragging about such a criminally stupid thing. I would immediately have reported if I had, because a person doing this would surely not be mentally fit to fly.

This situation of incertitude is worse than the poison itself, because it is poisoning your trusting in the members of your own crew.