PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 17:52
John Purdey

Chinook

Ginseng; noted, we agree.
John Blakeley. Thanks, but you have still not answered the question, yet you seem to have access to all the relevant facts and figures. Meanwhile, I have explained what must be the explanation for this terrible tragedy, ie the crew were not where they thought they they were, and thus faced a hillside about 500 feet higher than they expected. This is, I hope, clear and unambiguous. Please now be good enough to give us an equally clear and unambiguous explanation of how some kind of technical failure (and say what it was likely to be) could have been beyond the capability of this experienced crew to manage; what was it, why has it apparently never happened again; and why on earth were not all Chinooks at once grounded until experts like you could get a grip on thinga?
Tucumseh. Thanks for you post, but you seem to be saying that there was indeed some kind of attempt by MOD or whoever to hide something. I must say that you are very dangerous ground here. As to the attitude by sundry politicians, surely you are mature enough to realise that a politician not in government will promise to do all kinds of things, including reopening an inquiry such as this one; but once in a position where they have to actually carry responsibility, then...re, um, ar., perhaps, and are there any votes in it...?
I do not wish to sound offensive, but do join the real world. Regards to all JP