PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida flight schools!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 13:14
Gnirren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to jetcareers.com you'll most probably find students there who have or are attending the schools you're interested in. I worked as a CFI/CFII/MEI over in florida for a year and it's great flying, great fun and the weather is beautiful.

Don't worry about the "getting used to the weather" stuff, deal with that once you get back to europe instead. You'll be comfortable in no time with it. Flying in florida can be very hectic and intense, you'll get plenty of approach practices if you go IFR and most of the time controllers are more than happy to give you unusual requests (especially at night) like radar approaches, circle to land, sidesteps, full procedure NDBs and so on. This is stuff that's pretty hard to get in the UK, flight training and GA is just not a priority the way it is in the states.

I say go check out jetcareers, then pick 3 schools and fly over there and visit each one. Ask the instructors and the students what they think, look at the planes and facilities, backseat a couple of flights and make up your mind. I did and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Good luck to you