PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief Pilots potential demise rumours....
Old 17th Apr 2006, 12:50
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I heard the same rumour on a recent trip. The only thing it was based upon was the possible result of a court case which has a long way to go and a rumour about engagement surveys. Now, I'm no company apologist although I do profess a desire to see QF grow and prosper- much the same as the majority of my colleagues- and in this respect, I have viewed some decisions made a many levels of management (Executive down to Flight Ops) with a significant degree of dismay.

However, I've also see QF pilots as a group bring ourselves undone time and again. We telegraph our punches on Qrewroom without batting an eye lid. We do silly, inane things like defacing a computer screen and making ourselves as a group look like dills. We post a rumour on PPRUNE with no significant foundation and profess extreme delight in the fact that if even half true it shows an airline in a bad way. If it's not true and not based on anything then I stilll despair at the current morale and long term welfare of the pilot group as it shows how poorly we are at the moment.

So peddle it if you must but whilst it may make you feel better in the short term, ultimately it may hurt us all!

Regards,
Keg