PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL
Thread: BRISTOL
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 12:34
Harry the Hound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rampboy, some of what you say does ring true, but I think it's a bit unfair to point the finger at 1 airline as you seem to of done here with FCA, the fact of the matter is and i believe this is mentioned by watabench a little while ago on this thread is that FCA have the ground staff at the airport who are there to make sure their service level agreements are met, and when they are not the the GOC's will speak to the relevent departments, this is why we here so much from them and in my opinion theres nothing wrong with that, As you rightly said everyone is at the airport to do their best and each airline has their own intrests at heart, so why point the finger at 1 airline because they're on top of things, I'm pretty sure that if other carriers had reps that follow the whole process through from crew paperwork to check in to departure everyday then you would here a lot more from them too, The Goc's or at least the more experianced ones know all about what problems can come up on the ramp or how busy Sair Ops are, and i've seen quite a few times certain GOC's running round for the paperwork because the dispatcher is still stuck on another a/c, or doing arrivals, or helping pull b-cards because the gate is short, the 2 Bristol based lads have even helped load bags, hell i've even seen a GOC helping to board an Air Malta because no Sair staff were available, Nobody is perfect but do you really think that if First Choice were that unhappy with the service provided by Servisair or BIA that they would be starting long haul from BRS, i dont think so myself, FCA have a brilliant working relationship with all at BRS, and they do raise their issues directly with "powers that be" however its probably a few captains that moan now and again to Ops, ATC or even the poor guy on the headset and the ignorant 1 or 2 that put anti collisions on whilst still loading that seem to rile ground workers, but you tell me 1 airline in the whole country that doesnt have moaning flight decks! I for one have never come across one! By the way, I'm not a GOC and I dont work for FCA!