PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 09:41
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy RR - welcome aboard mate (sorry if I have already said that, I am amazed at the amount of posts recently and have well and truly lost track of all new comers!)

Lysander - when doing steep turns, remember the off-set seating problem. If your in the left hand seat and you do a steep turn to the right, you will be above your instructor and will see a lot of ground over the nose. When you turn to the left however, your instructor is well above you and you will see hardly any horizon over the nose, and mostly sky. This was difficult at first to understand, but after a while it sunk in and helped me a lot

I'm buggered if I can remember all those bits of ICAO terminology!
There's a lot of stuff to remember for Air Law, some of which is useless to know in the air, and as said before - I agree with the statement that if I need to know what colour the AIC papers are, I will just look it up on the ground! Best advice is to learn it as much as possible for the exam, and then the bits that matter more in the air (such as airspace restrictions and MATZ distances etc) will all start to fit into place as you experience them in your flying.

Cheers all,

Lee

P.S Loads more photo's on my photobucket account:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/mazzy1026/

The flight with Robbie was my first passenger (he is crap with a camera as you will see!). One of my favorite pictures is the close up of runway 27 on short final - superb.