PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrorist 'lookalike' wins $27.5 million from Southwest
Old 17th Apr 2006, 06:55
Bangkokeasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading the article, it would appear that maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. Particularly the reaction of the FBI investigator would tend to indicate that there was maybe an unsucessful attempt to deflect criticism from the crew using the "security" card.

That said, I think it is a very dangerous thing to avoid profiling of customers in the genuine interest of security. I do not use the word "racial", because there are other factors and that to use that word makes the subject controversial in a way it shouldn't be. I feel sorry for those who fit the profile, but the fact is that, pretty much ALL the terrorist outrages in recent years have been perpetrated by people who fit a narrow profile within the travelling public. To officially ignore this fact and therby to divert resources away from this group, certainly makes it less likely we are going to catch the next one before they can do something horrendous again.

And as for the financial settlement - boy oh boy, never mind the punitive damages, but two point five mil for a few hours of discomfort and a court process? Bring it on!!!