PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying with friends
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 06:44
solocmv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying with friends

Ok, so I am only new to this (54hrs.) I went flying with a friend, he has a fresh P.P.L. so you presume all or at least most of his procedures are what has been taught. We were taught at different schools, his has a more flying club feel (though highly respected and often referred to on this website as one of the better) where mine is more freight/charter style. I could not help notice many things were different. I always do a walk around every flight not just the first in the morning. There was no takeoff safety brief, he used a different approach set up for different fields, sometimes using flaps, carby heat, fuelpump, landing lights etc.
So do (as a passenger) you comment/get out or shut up and just carefully observe?
As stated, I know I know nothing, but what is expected out in the real world? I am not for a minute pretending I have superior standards or skills - I am as I was taught (from the same sheet I thought) so is there a difference and perhaps more importantly does it realy matter - we got home safe and had a lovely (but slightly nervous) time.

Thanks for all the imput.

Cheers, CMV