PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Apr 2006, 03:18
BrasiliaCaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riggwelter,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I went to Aramco schools, but only for the last half of the 9th grade, then it was off to boarding school. Dhahran Class of 1992, that's me. I actually asked Gary Bain a couple of years ago if it would be worth getting my B-737 type rating to make myself competitive, and he didn't think it would make a huge difference at the time. I should give him a call sometime and see what he has to say. I rode Gary's jumpseat when I was a returning student; most returning students tried to get trashed on sid, I tried to hop on the jumpseat of the 737 whenever I could to learn as much as I can. I liked those old -200s. I'm definitely going to get the connections in motion through my dad's contacts. When the job posting said that they were looking for Dash 8 captains, I got pretty excited. I don't have time in any aircraft in Aramco's fleet, but I've been flying big turboprops for many years now. Of course, I'm not too particular about which aircraft they put me on if I get the job. I think finishing the degree will help, and I hope to be finished late this year. Thanks again for all of the info so far, and I'll keep you posted on my progress.