PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD600
Thread: MD600
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 02:34
PPRUNE FAN#1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PANews:
This thread started off with news of the demise of a Canadian Notar machine RN011.
It did? Gee, I don't recall that. I seem to recall a question of a more general nature posed by a guy called, I think, Fun Police:
i am curious about what knd of Stability Augmentation System the MD600N might have, if any. if any one could explain what it does and how it does it i'd be very grateful. and if anyone could answer a "hypothetical" question for me;
if the system was unservicable (or disabled) would it cause any undue oscillatory loads on the tailboom mounting hardware which may cause it to fail?
Fun Police never mentioned the Canadian accident in his original post. Now, from there it did talk specifically about it, and then the SFPD accident.

What's the problem, PANews? I'm sorry if the thread violated your standard of strict progression, but I don't know why you seem upset about it. I find this whole NOTAR issue interesting, from whether a YSAS malfunction can cause the tail to break off to the different and RFM-vague procedures for a thruster cable failure. And I actually learned something from this thread - something, alas, that happens less and less often these days.