PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Air Arran Bomb Threat Diversions to PIK (merged)
Old 17th Apr 2006, 01:18
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
With the greatest of respect, and assuming the information published so far is approximately correct, I am becoming so deeply disturbed by the apparent behaviours of the security services that I will never willingly fly anywhere in Europe or the UK again.

For the record, I saw an extremely gory documentary some time ago about the bombs and results produced by muslim extremists including a photo of the remains of the poor japanese who had the misfortune to sit in an aircraft seat that had "a very small bomb" planted in it.

The construction of that bomb was also described in some detail and as far as I can tell a similar device, or even a dummy, would be simple to smuggle onto an aircraft. Given the recent tube bombing, I would have thought that an aircraft related bomb incident would have a non zero probability and the authority should err on the side of caution.

The only conclusion I can draw from what has happened is that the British Security services either over react and shoot innocent people or don't react at all when it is obvious that they should.