PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Macau
Thread: Air Macau
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 22:46
FAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have 500 hrs TT with the A320 rating, no hours on type.
Yes I know in Canada the way to a jet is longer (and most pilots in Canada will never fly a jet), but staying in Canada is a waist of time if you want to develop your career (and the salary is very low).
The fact is that I have both Canadian and European passports, and I also have both Canadian and JAR license.
Most of my friends are 25 years old and are flying with Easyjet, Transavia etc.. and they only had 200 hrs total time when they got the job on the 737.

It seems that airlines require more experience for the A320. Even in Asia, my 2 friends also rated on the A320 are in the same situation, they are desperate. One of them has been in Asia for 3 months to talk directly to airlines and not a chance. In Asia they are looking for type rated pilots with HOURS ON TYPE because most airlines are short of Training Captains so they can't train new pilots. At the moment, China and India are closed for expat with TR and no hours on type. Air Asia have cadets waiting, then they hire from MFA, then from PAY TO FLY AGENCIES.
Also in Asia, some airlines sell line training on the A320, it costs twice a US type rating course. And I can tell you that a lot of guys already type rated are waiting on a list, ready to pay-ready to go(so I am).

Yes there are a lot of type rated pilots without a job, even in Asia. Most of them are on a pay to fly waiting list...