PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 22:01
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for once i find myself agreeing with Lowerlobe. To those that just want an end to the seniority system in the hope that something coming after it will provide some greater benefit are shortsighted.

The greatest problem is that there is no recruitment and no retirement. Therefore no one is moving up the system like they did in the 90's.

The real key is to get some growth in the LH division and that will not happen while our productivity is lower and our costs are higher than all the other cabin crew in the Qantas Group.

I have heard some in here suggest that we should be proactive about these problems. Whilst i am aware that behind the scenes the FAAA has had significant discussion about this very topic and indeed have been developing a strategy to actually address this very issue i am more interested in what crew themselves are prepared to do to deal with the problems currently facing us.

I guess it would not be appropriate to discuss these things in the public forum for obvious reasons but would be happy to discuss them with anyone privately.

Anyone that wants to have a sensible discussion feel free to PM me.