PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 16th Apr 2006, 19:47
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low level flying

i may be wrong and i will be checking my facts but one of the contributory factors of the crash that we were told may have been low level flying. as a result it was going to be implemented that low level was going to be avoided where possible. i am aware that the parameters for such manoeuvres can be moved but it does appear that there was a high level of lip service that was paid to us. i think that sticking to the recommendations could be done in an ideal world but i think that there is no intention of sticking to them 100% of the time and there is no way we, as families, will find out.

i hear what you say and agree about keeping the pressure on the government. i know i'm not that important in the scheme of things but if i can help wherever i can then i will. i know that there are risks to be taken and there is the cold, stark, ugly reality of life in the military but you still entrust your son/daughter to the organisation hoping that they will do their best to protect your child and have some sort of duty of care. when you get that call to tell you that they died there will be no way of reasoning that the risk that was taken with a son was assessed prior to that point and deemed not high enough. i will say this, however, THE GUYS ON THE FRONTLINE LIVE THE REALITY AND SHOULD BE LISTENED TOAND MAKE THE RISK ASSESSMENTS NOT THE GUYS FURTHER UP THE CHAIN WHO HIDE IN THEIR OFFICES. there is no way they can have one iota about the real needs of the everyday solider.

as i mentioned before, i work in the nhs...on the frontline as it were. i have worked for some of the largest trusts in the UK. i have endured working under the management of a chief executive who worked for iceland (freezer shop). he had no nursing/medical experience and as such was so out of touch about the real needs of his workforce and it showed as we became more like a business not a hospital. everything revolved around a budget and we went down hill and could not do our jobs properly. the same could be said about the military from what i'm hearing. these services are not businesses so stop running them like one!

Last edited by chappie; 16th Apr 2006 at 20:08.