PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 19:31
airsound

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Tucumseh

I believe the post you may be kindly referring to was #1935, which was in turn sparked by posts from Brian Dixon, BEagle and ginseng. Briefly, my MP, Geoffrey Clifton-Brown, told me on 16 March that he had written on my behalf to Adam Ingram (Minister of State for the Armed Forces) pointing out that the Sec of State, Dr Reid, had said:
“.... when the Labour Government came into office in 1997, it was our opinion that an injustice had been done which we could put right. Despite having looked closely at the case then, and again when Geoff became Defence Secretary, we were not able to justify overturning the findings. My opinion continues to be that the finding should remain undisturbed.”
I had also pointed out that, in contrast to the views expressed in his letter, ..... two of the bodies adduced by Dr Reid in his support, the Scottish Fatal Accident Inquiry and the House of Lords Select Committee, plus the Public Accounts Committee, had all failed to find the pilots negligent.
My MP was to ask Mr Ingram what was the further evidence, presented to him in 1997 and since, that changed his opinion from one of an injustice to that of negligence with absolutely no doubt whatsoever.
I have heard nothing since, and I plan to try and find out what is happening after Easter.
airsound