PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 19:06
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
“The accusation of a 'cover-up' is not of course mine, but if you go back through the numerous posts on this thread, you will see the suggestion that their airships might have had something to hide, post the accident. It is nonsense”.

I have never openly criticised a poster on this forum, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I believe most hold these opinions honestly. However, the notion that the MoD has nothing to hide is risible. The disingenuous and misleading replies to questions, the half truths, and the downright lies that have issued forth from the MoD on this subject are legion. I cannot comment with any authority whatsoever on aircrew issues, but I can assure you that I have personally witnessed the above deceits on the engineering issues which John Blakeley talks of. ANY knowledgeable aircraft or aircraft equipment project manager in DPA or DLO, or trials officer at Boscombe, will tell you that what John says on airworthiness is absolutely true – and the MoD don’t like it one little bit. They cannot withstand scrutiny. If they have nothing to hide, why the lies and deceit?

One of the best posts I’ve read here was along these lines…. Before Labour came to power they promised to overturn this verdict. Since coming to power, they have fully supported the previous administration. Question: What new evidence, not available to Labour between 1994 and 1997, has been brought to light which proves negligence beyond all doubt? If any exists, it has been hidden. If it does not exist, they are hiding something else.