PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London/Santiago (Chile) advice please
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 18:13
Hartington

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
London/Santiago (Chile) advice please

My wife and I are contemplating a round the world trip early next year (nothing like planning in advance!).

We will be using a business class oneworld RTW ticket and, on many routes, we are therefore limited to just one carrier. However, the first leg will be London to Santiago and there we have a number of alternatives.

Before we start, I should say that I have a soft spot for BA and that my experiences with US based carriers have not been very positive (not specifically negative, just not particularly wonderful) whatever class I’ve used. I am not averse to trying a few new carriers along the way.

So which would you use, and why?

1) London/Madrid/Santiago. BA or IB to Madrid then IB or LA onwards. Leave early evening from London and around midnight from Madrid.
2) London/Sao Paulo/Santiago. BA then onwards by LA. Longish wait in Sao Paulo but we’ve done that before on the way to Iguasu. An LA A320 SAO/SCL anyone know what the config is? Is there a lounge we can use at Sao Paulo?
3) London/Miami (overnight(s), probably more than just 1 night)/Santiago. BA or AA LON/MIA then AA or LA MIA/SCL. I’ve never been to the Everglades and the possibility is what makes me wonder about this route.

The LAN website suggests their business class is not quite lie flat on most routes (e.g. MAD/SCL) but does say that they are introducing “Premium Business” with lie flat seats on the 767-300s that operate to North America (including Miami). Any experiences?