PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Apr 2006, 17:32
Riggwelter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doc,
Man, thats alot of love you're showering on me, as per your private email I'll take it as a compliment. Doc was also wondering about employment as a Flight Attendant, Nevrekars explanation was accurate but I'll expound.

W have two types of flight attendants, VIP flight attendants and "everyone else" flight attendants. The VIP flights are staffed by women only, no exceptions. They are from Oz, Godzone (NZ), France, and The U.S. They fly only on the G-IV and are paid around $25,000 and live on camp with us. They have a very nice work schedule and from what I hear the passengers they care for are great. They are contractors and not employees. As far as I know there is no possiblity of becoming an Aramcon.

The regular flight attendants are employees of Unasco, an Aviation contracting company in Saudi Arabia. They are males, only, and are from third world countries with a growing proportion of Saudi Nationals. They work very hard and are in my opinion very poorly paid (like sub $1000) and live off camp in a communal apartment block. Unless you are from a 3rd world country and really need money I would not suggest entertaining a job as a flight attendant at Aramco. As I mentioned they are contracted out from a local provider, and provides no beni's except for a low salary.

The flight Attendant supervisor's name is Abraham "Andy" Ohanes, he IS an employee of Aramco, and I see we are advertising for a position similar to his. This link will take you to a page that describes his job: Just click "Aviation" and then Flight Attendant supervisor.
http://www.jobsataramco.com/index1.html

BrasiliaCaptain;

An Aramco Brat, huh? We have a few flying for us and usually we hire you guys on principle, The only thing as far as I can tell thats holding you back is the degree thing. It has nothing to do with the Aviation department but is a Govornment requirement that you have a 4 year degree. Your flight time sounds more than adequate,numbers wise. Do you have any 737, Hawker 800, CE-550, or Dash 8 time? If not, I know one guy who went and bought a 737 type (we used to have 737-200's and it was about $6000 to get checked out) and was able to get hired on. He was a fighter pilot and had zero multi time, but he had friend on the inside and we gave him a quick checkride over here in the plane, he was really good so he got the job. I guess I'm saying that while we do prefer guys with time in type (and currency) we have under certain circumstances hired guys without time. I would apply again and strongly suggest having your dad talk to anyone he knows in the company who can help you. Does Gary Bain in Houston already have your resume? If you could show up in person and do a check out ride that would go a long way to helping you get a job (provided, of course you kick butt). I know for a fact we are hiring and I'd say you have a pretty good chance. Finish your degree and get someone on the inside working for you. By the way, did you go to Aramco schools?
Two more very important things, if you check the link I gave above it will also show jobs for pilots, it's a little out of date and says we need Hawker and Dash 8 Captains, that may be true but I know our current focus is 737 F/O's. Also, the job description states that a degree is NOT required for the job provided you have 3000 hours, I'm honestly not sure what this means, maybe as a contractor you do not need a degree, or maybe now we are hiring without a degree. I don't know, sorry. Good luck!