PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Apr 2006, 15:00
BrasiliaCaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riggwelter,

Thanks for the great information on Aramco. I am an Aramco brat, and I've been seriously considering returning to Saudi to fly for Aramco. My father has been with Aramco for almost 15 years as an engineer. He's retiring later this year.

Right now, I'm an ATR captain and instructor pilot with a large regional airline. I really, really like my IP job, but the turmoil in the airline industry is knocking on my employer's door right now. I am very close to finishing my BS degree. I have 5700 hours of total time, almost 1000 hours of jet time, and 1150 or so hours of PIC time in turboprops.

One thing my father has told me over and over again about Aramco is the way he has been treated. I've seen the Dilbert thing first-hand, but I've also seen how they treated him when he had to have major surgery, and he is very well-compensated for what he does, and he really likes the vacation time he gets.

I've sent resumes to Aramco many times over the years; the last time I gave it to Khalil Joharji in person, he told me that if I had time in type (DHC-8 or Boeing 737), they would gladly hire me. Are they still looking for guys with time in type? Would I stand a chance at being offered an interview right now?

Once again, thanks for the good info Riggwelter, and I hope someone has some good input for me, positive or negative.