PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 16th Apr 2006, 14:18
Tempsford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX
I am sure that no one intended to take this thread to a 'personal' level (DID WE!!). From previous experience, there are some thread posters who are very swift to pick up on anything they feel is incorrect. Perhaps too quick and too cutting on occasion..... Why, I know not. (not more 'willy waving'!!) As you say, we are always learning and the fact that the aircraft knowledge of some is perhaps less than others should not preclude them for contributing to threads. My sad story involves being the third generation aviation in my family. My three sons are also in the industry as well. Yes, I know, I should have warned them off. However, their level of overall aviation knowledge is excellent and in most cases, far better than mine. Yes, I have created monsters!
The aviation knowledge exhibited on PPRUNE is quite staggering. How some have manged to keep a thread going on Cocpkit/Flight Deck pictures for so long is a testament to the knowlegde of PPRUNERS. The speed in which quite obscure questions are answered never ceases to amaze me and the support given by most in the form of indicating where resources and information can be obtained is, again, excellent.
Whilst flattered that my limited knowledge (and believe me it is VERY limited) has assisted some, I am mindful of the great depth of knowlege of some PPRUNERS. My excuse is 50 years of aviation background. It was inevitable that some 'knowledge' would be retained, albeit limited.
So, fellow PPRUNERS, the next time a mail is posted by someone who may not have as much aviation knowledge as you, 'cut em some slack' and help them with a positive response and try not to exhibit it in a way that you know more than they do. Perhaps you do, but the person asking the question may be able to help you one day in a field that you are not perhaps so knowledgeable in.

Temps

Last edited by Tempsford; 16th Apr 2006 at 14:30.