PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL(H) or CPL(H)?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 09:58
Line_book

Thanks Martin. I think you are highlighting the some of the current confusion arising under the JAA rules and regs. Each time I look at the LASORS, I think I can interpret something in a different way to the last time! However, that is what we have to work with. As I see it now, there are not that many places offereing purely a CPL(H) GS (ATPL less IR - please correct me if I am wrong), so it often seems like the logical course of action to do the full ATPL package. What I find a bit hard to grasp is that there appears to be a penalty if you cannot complete the IRE within the time (3yrs). I can understand that there is obvious skills fade, so perhaps that is why you need to retake the exams.

I am leaning toward the view that it is best to do all the exams initially, to give myself 3 yrs to gain the IR, if that does not happen, then retake the exams as and when I need them. If I do not need them, then I will endeavour to continue to operate with just a CPL(H).
I do think this will be situation and circumstance based for each individual. I you are on 250 hrs, probably no point as it might be difficult to get another 1250 hrs and IR in 3 yrs (maybe not).

Thoughts?