PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training syllabus
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 08:36
jetbrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe more courses could be more thorough. Use the VFR Flight guide, (little book same size as ERSA) available from CASA. That has a lot of useful information in it which u kind of dont get taught in a general syllabus. I mean wether you want to base the teaching of the course around it is up to you, but personally i would get students to actually study the book, and have maybe an exam on it, because the info in it is so very thorough, and would make any young pilot a better one because of it. Also another idea that springs to mind is go to an area where there is a small strip then pull the power on the student, first of all see if they can find the strip, and then they can get to land it aswell, it will make them a better handler, because anyone can set up a forced landing with high and low key points, and when they get to 500' they can point to the field and then go around. Wether or not they would have pulled it off in that instance will be never known. Anyway good luck with it, you have got a big task ahead of you. Have fun, JB