PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA010 BKK-LHR Divert
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 08:10
View From The Ground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA in Disruption

I must say that whatever their failings in other areas BA do seem to do a consistently good job of handling 'one off' disruptions....they seem to have understandably more difficulty with the disruptions caused by some of their more bolshey members of staff...witness the last three summers....
I have been on two BA disruptions, the first an engine failure and small fire on take off from MCO. In this case they flew another a/c down from a NE Coast station took us from MCO to SNN and then had another crew there to operate to LHR, they were delayed by fog but that of course is not BA's fault. All the crew and BA staff were exemplary...I really felt sorry for the Captain on the engine failure aircraft when one of the pax started to berate him....I have no idea what for he was perfect....communicated well and of course kept us safe!
Second was a speedy aircraft replacement on an EU flight ex LHR, replacement aircraft found pax and baggage transferred in about 90 minutes. Obviously had the benefits of home base but still great work and again the communication from the flightdeck was great...just what was needed to keep the pax informed.
I am not therefore suprised that they have sorted this one so well and quickly...a great job by all concerned given the remoteness of the airfield!