PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all FI(R)s - Did you know this?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 07:19
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I immediately started working out ways to manage 3-4 exercises per flight - quite easy in helicopter flying, where hovering, hovering sideways and backwards, and spot turns, are all separate exercises. But apparently the CAA won't allow more than two, for some reason best known to them. Still, two is better than one, isn't it.
Which part of the above did you all not understand?

BB, thank you for that. This now makes some sort of sense, if the examiner got it right.

Actually, none of this makes and real sense to me. Supervise 25 solo flights, they say. Ah, but the 3 flights of the QXC are...one flight. And if you're a helicopter instructor, we'll make it 25 exercises. And you can have more than one exercise per flight, because we know you often do...."Do a few circuits, Bloggs, then practise hovering". But not more than two, because...because...well, because we're the CAA, and we say so, that's why. And if you do what we say, because we say so, you'll be a Better Instructor, and when you get the number of signatures that we've said, this year, this moment, for reasons best known to us, we'll let you be unrestricted, kind people that we are.

But I'm only a little FI(R), what do I know?