PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 16th Apr 2006, 05:10
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RK
You are welcome to place as many postings here as you like. I have no problem with people having a different point of view so long as it is placed with consideration for all reading this thread. But this is no ordinary thread. I am taking the Govt head on and I am especially interested in people who can help me do it. Furthermore I knew some of the dead crew very well and as a result I have been working closely with some of the families. I introduced some of them to pprune. Pprune has been incredibly powerful in all of this. I know that this thread is being read all the way up to the highest levels and I would ask that people are mindful of this. We are all working within the bounds of the BoI result. Frankly it is a waste of everyone's time to do anything else. You obviously feel that the crew were badly supervised. I would argue the opposite. SF crews work in a slightly different way. All I want is for the guys to get the right kit to do the job. I do not want to see the AOC lose his job. I have very good reason to believe that he is on side in all this. I have been open from the start as to my aims. Enhanced protection for every Herc that needs it including protection for passengers. I want to put us on an even footing. US SF Hercs have had foam for 40 years it is, in my view negligent that we did not have it. For that the relatives deserve an apology and compensation.

What I am not going to do is allow people to come on here and have a go at the crew. In fact I will pull the thread rather than see it happen.