PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How old are current wanabees?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 02:41
Dct_Bombi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont see the confusion personally, anyone can work a job and earn or pocket at least 15>20 grand a year, even if it takes 2 jobs. Over a 2 or 3 year period your close enough to 60k. Yea if you have a family to support or business to fianance or a 4yr degree to complete its not the case, but for someone outta school or college or whatever who has the time to apply to nothing but work for the cash its quite feasible. I personally went through college worked part time jobs and full time jobs after college and it was my mid twenties before I could finance training but none the less I financed it outright without any loans, I have nothing against getting a complete loan but it wasnt for me. People do seem to get caught up with getting qualified asap and getting RHS in a jet etc etc but to be honest on my route I was the youngest even though I am in my late twenties.. which is still quite young in this game from what i have seen. Personally I have never encountered anyone under 25 training or working but thats not to say there is plenty of young lads/lassies out there doing it. Dont sink yourself deep in depth, work a few jobs whether it be on the ramp or office or whatever..and earn the cash and earn some experience. Maturity and life experience does count for something in some peoples eyes,, straight outta school and outta flight training college and barely into 20's has not been a sucessful route in my airline anyway.