PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 16th Apr 2006, 00:18
dessert_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having read this thread from the start i applaud nige and chappie for their work and courage, and agree totaly with all that has been said and what is being done. For too long have the front line been forgotten when it comes to spending money on what is really important. One Army sergeant lost his life for the want of a piece of body armour, ten military personel lost their lives for the want of a piece of aircraft armour, what if it had been a full aircraft. How much effort would of gone into protecting our aircraft if nige hadn't of started this thread?
In the days of waisting money on JPA and BOCS, and we are not talking of small change, we are not able to provide protection as is required for some of our greater assets, (i include every soldier, sailor and Airman in theatre as our assests).
Sub, I do not see how your argument can stand, when vast amounts of cash are waisted on projects that will never enhance our ability to perform our primary role. We need to continue the campaign to obtain as much protection as possible for those in theatre, and its people like nige and chappie who are the couragous ones to take this forward.
As for the NHS chappie, couldnt agree with you more, its in as bad a state as the rest of the public services.