PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 15th Apr 2006, 20:48
Training Risky

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Invading a country and installing a puppet government, then using an 'invitation' from those puppets to remain as a defence for the legality of the operation would be no different to the Third Reich using their relationship with Quisling as a justification for the invasion and occupation of Norway.
When I read this quote on the previous page I was flabbergasted at the piety and ignorance the poster displayed. But I have been previously warned to play the ball, not the player...

Trying to establish equivalence between the Nazi invasion and subjugation of Norway, and the invasion of Iraq, is a perversion of logic and demonstrates how desperate the poster must be to make an argument stick by making such an inaccurate comparison.

I don't see any Jews or (in Iraq's case) Muslims being rounded up and used for slave labour by the the Allies?!

But maybe the poster lives in a parallel (and different) world to the rest of us.