PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 15th Apr 2006, 18:00
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey SubdiFuge, appropriate name by the way, do you know what the opening hours are at Kandahar? Do you know what the force protection issues are there? Do you know what runs round the airfield? Would you prefer to go in there with foam protecting your tanks? Guess what, if I had listened to you 10 weeks ago the J would not be getting foam now. You had a look at the Chinook thread recently? Do you know how difficult it is to change a BoI result? If I wanted to flog my guts out for the next 10 years I would take your advice. Hope you don't mind if I ignore it. You know what? My PM box has been full for weeks. People are helping me all the time. People from all trades, foreign military, politicians, lawyers. Ever tried helping anyone? It is a humbling experience. Think I am naive? Do you understand why our Prime Minister is giving up his job? It is nothing to do with the NHS or Schools. It is because of the unpopularity of the Iraq War. He lost his huge majority because of it and he had to do a deal with Gordon to stay in power. You appear to have little idea how damaging this war can be. We barely have enough assets for Iraq and now we are going to Afghanistan and week in week out military issues are all over the media.

I will take my own chances with what I am trying to achieve. I certainly did not start this thread to criticise my former colleagues. If you want to start having a go at the crew, please take your bile elsewhere.

Last edited by nigegilb; 15th Apr 2006 at 19:33.