PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 15:10
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has happened to Bournemouth’s pleasant terminal? I called in last week to find that the landside area around check-in has been reduced in size by half. The friendly outside viewing area at the back of the terminal has gone, as has the pleasant restaurant. Both the mezzanine floors above check-in, which used to provide additional seating have had their staircases removed and the floors have been abandoned so there is now virtually no seating. A grotty snack bar has been provided but looks like it can only seat 20 people.

The arrivals waiting area is even worse. Two portocabins have been glued together and plastic seating provided that must have come out of a works canteen. At the moment I can’t think of a worse UK terminal yet only a few years ago it was one of my favourites.

How does Bournemouth get away with its boundary fences? Most of the airport seems to have only a 4 ft wire mesh fence. One public road has a fence that consists of 2 strands of wire with 2 strands of barbed wire that I doubt is more than a 3ft off the ground, even a one legged midget would have no trouble getting over it

Last edited by LTNman; 15th Apr 2006 at 15:21.