PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 14:50
ROSCO328

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should help

Thank you for your interest in bmi regional.

With a view to future recruitment we are currently accepting applications from the following pilots for our Embraer 135/145 Fleet.

Captains :- Who hold a JAA Licence and have at least 3500 hours total time and minimum of 500 hours jet command or 1000 hours turboprop command. Direct entry Captains will be asked to sign a training bond.

First Officers and recently promoted Captains rated on the Embraer will also be considered for direct entry command positions.

First Officers :- Who hold a JAA Licence and are prepared to self fund their type rating and have a minimum of 500 hours total time. You should also have completed an MCC course, have a current multi engine Instrument Rating and be in current flying practice.

If you would like to be considered please complete the attached application form in full and return it with a copy of your latest CV. Pilots with no commercial flying experience should also enclose a copy of the final report from their training organisation.

Can I ask you to read the instructions on references very carefully? Due to the latest security measures we now require to account for every single day in the past five years.

Applications that do not meet the above requirements will NOT be processed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.

Q. What do we mean by a self funded type rating?

A. This only applies to first officers - employees contribution towards an Embraer 135/145 type rating would be £12,000, consisting of :-

1. Prior to commencing training the employee would require to make a non refundable payment of £2,000.

2. The balance would be covered by a salary reduction of £167.00 per month for 60 months.

Q. Do we offer a fast track Command?

A. Not as such. However we will consider pilots with around 2000 hrs total time and 1000 hrs multi crew experience who could be ready for command in around 12 to 18 Months.

Q. Do I need to have an MCC certificate.

A. Yes. Unless you are exempt due to your multi crew experience.

Q. I have not flown for some time, will I still be considered?

A. We will only accept pilots who are in current flying practice. Simulator time is acceptable and may even help you to pass our jet assessment.

Q. Do I need to have a current Instrument Rating.

A. Yes. It is a requirement to have a current multi engine IR. at the start of the course for the issue of your first Multi Pilot Type Rating.

Q. I do not have 500 hours should I still fill in the application form.

A. No, this is a standard E-mail sent to all applicants. The application form should only be returned when you have completed all the requirements.

Q. What is the preferred way to contact the company?

A. All recruitment is now handled by E-mail. It saves time and money. Applications need to be sent by post but other than that I would prefer not to receive mail.

Q. Will you notify me when you receive my application?

A. No, I receive so many applications that I can no longer send a receipt message.

Q. Should I contact the company on a regular basis?

A. No, all applications that meet the above requirements will remain on file for one year. I do not have time to deal with regular enquiries.