PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 15th Apr 2006, 13:16
ExALM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Reid must be so proud to see that some of his new drones are taking up his cause to save as much money as poss by accepting what ever rubbish is passed down the chain of command.
If this really is the mind set of some of the RAF today, then this only confirms the reasons why I left. You “ doubting Thomas’s” here can not seriously believe that just because you have accepted the Queens shilling that you have given up any form of free thought. You sound like you belong in the trenches, with a rifle you’re not sure is going to fire and a helmet made from cardboard, but still happy to go over the top!
I thought that the idea of slim lining the military was to make it a more intelligent and effective fighting force. Maybe I was wrong.
To even insinuate that the lads on XV179 were not fully aware of the risks and dangers involved in such Ops and willing to accept them, to the detriment of their family and social lives for NO extra pay or benefits, just goes to show that you have never served, volunteered, for such a unit. Before you ask, yes I did.
It is also a sad fact that it is the “yes” men like you who get promoted to the top ranks in this modern day force. This is the reason we are in such a state now. Men who get into a position of responsibility and as the ones before hide all the probs to the Lords above for fear of rocking the boat and a lesser pension! The guys who stay on the front line or do get promoted because they are actually exceptional at the job and not the Mess committee member, are the real backbone of the success of the RAF today.
I can not commend enough the work that Nige and the families have done to bring this to the forefront of the papers and news reports. They may have saved a life in the future, might even be your sorry @rse!