PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida flight schools!
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 11:41
dfletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBA

In reference to previous post ;-

Florida is a great place to complete your pilots licence. Did mine a few years back at OBA. Not going to start a debate about Ormond, but anyone with some common sense would consider the press it has received in the past and make a judgement on the comments made by ALL the people collectively. By that i mean, it has nice accomodation but thats about it.

Without making this another debate about the in's and out's off OBA I find this quite an uninformative and lacklustre statement at best Sainty go to the OBA thread sit there for 3 hours reading getting thru all the bitching from a minority of disgruntled students and you will find the majority, including myself found OBA to be a great school, the instructors were first rate, trust me if you wasn't at an able level to attain the PPL they would NOT issue you one.

I could rant and rave all day about why you should go here or there but at the end of the day make up you own mind and don't be swayed by few people that reckon OBA was not to their standards.

Its a big investment you will be making to achieve a qualification, if you want this PPL and are willing to work for it then it shouldn't matter where you go. I read the OBA thread expecting bad things but when I got there nothing could be further from the truth, so make up your own mind.