PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Forum?
Thread: New Forum?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 10:35
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the military.
I am commissioned, but not aircrew.
This thread works best when it has input from all sides - some of it well-informed, some not (this is usually put right by those in the know).
The site works best when we share information between us, shining light where there is darkness and providing different perspectives for those who are often employed in quite narrow fields within the military.
As for non-service personnel having access, all grist to the mill I say - and with the current bunch of mostly narcissistic politicians (of all parties), we need all the understanding we can get.
If I may, I would point to one area where I think we would all benefit and that is the way we deal with Trolls. (Troll = someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion (Wikipedia)). These aholes survive by eliciting a response (any response, good, bad, ridicule). They die without attention, and I say we need to make more effort to ignore them completely.