PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with children
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 01:38
cod liver oil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Traveling with children

Hello cabin crew,

My family and I (myself, my wife, my 4 year old daughter, and sixteen month old son) are planning to travel from Toronto to LHR (and return) in the near future.

I am looking for some input and would appreciate it if someone could provide some feedback on what I can do to keep my children entertained and, in the case of my son, pacified for two separate seven hour flights. I'm sure that in your field of work, you've witnessed many parents traveling with their children, and have seen what works and what doesn't.

I'm not so worried about my daughter. She has flown overseas before and without much difficulty. She'll be happy with her portable DVD player and some colouring books.

My son, however, has never flown before so I'm not so sure what to expect. He is at the stage where he can walk unassisted and is very inquisitive. I don't think he will want to sit still for the duration of these flights.
We might be lucky as our flight to the U.K. is an overnighter so perhaps he'll sleep for the most part. At least I'm hoping so (maybe a little gravol will help ).

So, aside from the obvious.....Making sure he's fed, hydrated, and has a dry bottom......any suggestions?

Beyond bringing a few small blocks for him, I'm stumped.

suggestions appreciated

cod