PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How old are current wanabees?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 22:20
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because some young people are not as risk averse as they should be, collateral in the form of parents' houses is used, and people with a lack of life experience are clouded too much by pure desire and passion.

None of which necessarily make for a good pilot - without testing and ensuring one is capable, all that money may go to waste.

Me? I am young, and though having always aimed to fly, have no desire to throw 60k on a bonfire without any guarantee of a job. Though would do the training with a sponsorship, I will ensure my fallback is doubly secure before making any move, and by then the sponsorships may even have arisen from the ashes.

I would strongly resent any suggestion that me not borrowing the money shows any lack of commitment. I know I could borrow it all tomorrow, and also have passed aptitude tests, hold a PPL, UAS hours etc, but as a qualified financial professional consider such an idea to be highly foolish.

Besides my current position will ensure that I employ every last one of you sometime soon...!

Last edited by Re-Heat; 14th Apr 2006 at 22:30.