PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steps to become ME Instrument Instructor
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 21:20
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lloyd,

In the UK (yes, I'd better make that clear this time, since I didn't last time!) it is possible to remove the No Applied Instrument restriction with far less than 200 hours. If you are only going to teach for the IMC course (rather than the IR), it is just 40 hours IFR, or 10 hours by sole reference to instruments (which can be either IMC or under the foggles). Since an IMC course has a minimum of 10 hours by sole reference to instruments, this means anyone with an IMC rating can train to have privileges to teach for this rating - unbelievable, but true.

But is it really possible to get an IR with only 3 hours by sole referene to instruments? Even with maximum possible simulator time (and therefore minimum possible aircraft time), you must surely have logged more hours than this on your IR course alone???

To answer your question about multi-engine time, though - do 20 hours of multi-engine P1 time now during your hour-building. The requirement is for 10 hours out of the 30 to have been within the previous 12 months, so you will need to save the last 10 for later.

FFF
-------------------