PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 14th Apr 2006, 19:57
fat albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VR
foam in the engine isn't too good without a wing
Well you've clearly got a handle on the technology involved here then

To be honest, I too believe we're paid a good a wage and there are certain times we should man the f**k up and get on with it. The tents are crap, the dets come round too often yada yada - yes, get over it. Similarly I know that there are limitations with some of the kit on my aircraft but I and everybody else at the secret wiltshire airbase gets on with it. I've personally done 6 dets in Iraq and 2 in AFG without blubbing once. Check me out.

What I don't have any time for is lying politicians and wriggling senior neddies making false claims about either the threat or our equipment. We're not talking about sharks with lasers on their heads or multi billion pound deflector shields, we're talking about a very cheap mod (foam) that instantly reduces the risk to our aircraft, and more importantly our pax, by a very large percent.

No other fixed wing aircraft in the RAF inventory regularly flies within the same threat band as the C130. Suggest you go away and find out what we actually do.