PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Conversion From FAA To JAA?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 15:55
Ulv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The CTC wings course is a complete modular training package from zero to MPA Type rating; you may get credit for a PPL, but they won't let you join in the middle so conversions don't come into it".

You are quite right about the Wings Cadet scheme programme, but I was refferring to the Wings ATP, where you jump in at the Intermediate stage for the AQC.

http://www.ctcaviation.com/wings/0404.html

The problem as I see it, is rumours like

Some have opined that the Spanish initial skills test is less of a stretch than the British, but that's a different issue.

because allthough the tests are the same, and it basically just cuts off some of the required hours of the IR, it allows for speculations as to whether the Spanish CAA and the Spanish Flight Schools (any other than the UK schools) are really up to speed considering quality and requirements towards the conversion. Personally, I simply do not want to spend a fortune on multi hours and accomodation and expenses in the UK, and I'm also really happy about the quality of my FAA ME-IR training. We all have different paths towards getting the required licenses and I am very happy about my choice, since it is going to get me more licenses and thereby hopefully better pilot skills, more multi engine time and a better chance of getting a 1st time pass on the very important and also extremely expensive JAA ME-IR.
I hope that eventually, when you have passed this early step in your carreer, you will find out that, it does not matter too much, where you got your licenses as long as you hold all of them issued by a JAA state.

Still I'm very much interested in opinions and experience in the matter...