PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 14th Apr 2006, 14:15
Tempsford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch Dx, seems to have hit a nerve...those of us that know you realise the affinity that you have with the York. The guardians of our aviation heritage should make a call DX...there is one York at Duxford and another at Cosford, both under cover. There are no Brits under cover at this time, scrap one of the Yorks to make way for a Brit...seems fair to me (TIC)
I seem to remember that the RAF had a few Brits as well, but not the one at Cosford. The last operator of G-AOVF was IAS if my memory serves me right. Ironic that it is now in BOAC colours, the forbear of the operator who has now walked away from their aircraft at Cosford. (G-AOVF did operate for BOAC so I can see why it was painted in BOAC colours)
Trouble is that Transport Aircraft tend to be on the large side. If we are looking for a museum to hold them how about a national commercial aircraft museum? Are there any potential sites? Thoughts on a postcard please.

Temps