PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 14th Apr 2006, 13:00
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SW your analysis is spot on, this Govt is particularly sensitive to public opinion. I often think that New Labour represents a continuous process of reaction to focus group consensus. However, I am still surprised by the speed of the success of the foam campaign. I also hope that by being up front and shining a light in a dark place I am helping to show politicians that serving and ex- military personnel have an opinion, are not politically naive and cannot be taken for granted. I saw Ben Griffin on Newsnight last night commenting on the case of Kendall Smith. Could it be that the old order of military sacrifice and stiff upper lip is changing. Is now the right time to consider some kind of military federation? The Lords are already talking about it. For too long politicians have taken the military for granted. If I have helped in some small way to change this way of thinking I will have achieved another success.